Managing an IT function is very different from developing or supporting technical IT solutions. General management skills are helpful to the IT manager, but results from this course demonstrate that a management course designed specifically for the IT professional is invaluable.
There are five key modules covering IT strategy, project excellence, communicating technology, operational and crisis management, and commercial acumen. These are the 5 management skills that have been identified as consistently enabling business results and career success for all IT managers.
Course Objectives of Excellence in IT Management
- Develop an effective IT strategy
- Increase project delivery rates and manage a portfolio of projects
- Lead effectively in a technical crisis
- Set clear IT contract objectives
- Effectively negotiate technical agreements
Course Outline of Excellence in IT Management