ER covers the employee’s life with you from before he or she is recruited until long after they have left you. Today, right now, you have a reputation! What is that reputation saying about your organization? Your best recruiters are your employees – BUT – and it is a big but, only if you treat them well. Are they engaged? Are they partners in what you are trying to achieve?
This course will show you how you can win by employing your staff well. You will examine the latest ideas and thinking to equip you for ‘Best Practice Employee Relations (ER)’. Employee Relations (ER) cannot be just about employees. It is the perceptions of employee and employer, of their mutual obligations.
Course Objectives of Employee Relations Professional
- Understand the concept of corporate culture and its impact on employee relations.
- Know the different types of grievance systems and how to implement them.
- Choose the best and most effective employee discipline approaches
- Identify different employee work problems and how to handle them.
- Increase the level of employee engagement by measuring satisfaction and providing corrective solutions to low levels of engagement.
Employee Relations Professional Course Outlines
Culture & Performance
- Corporate culture and values
- Corporate culture and its impact on Employee Relations (ER)
- Changing perceptions – staff as a revenue center, not a cost center
- Opening channels for employees’ ideas
- Problem-solving Procedures
- Effective grievance procedures
- Alternative dispute resolution
Employee Discipline Systems
- Employee discipline
- Positive and negative approaches to discipline
- Progressive discipline
- Effective discipline systems
Workforce Behavior Problems and Organizational Exit
- Rule violations in Employee Relations
- Handling rule violations
- Absenteeism and turnover
- Organizational exit types
Employee Involvement Strategies
- Self-directed work teams
- Quality circles in Employee Relations (ER)
- Employee ownership
- Participative management
- Alternative work schedule
Attitudes & Satisfaction
- Job Satisfaction and its measurement
- Soliciting employees’ feedback.
- Intervention in Employee Relations (ER)
- Employee engagement